Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Don't cry because it's over...

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." -Dr. Seuss.

This quote really sums up how I've been feeling today. Last night, a group of us stayed up all night and went to see the sunrise. We found an amazing spot up the hill that overlooks the town of Dungarvan, and settled in on a rock wall (that, I have to admit, was located in someone's driveway!) to watch the show.
Watching the sunrise over the hills, I think we all felt the same thing- leaving this place was going to be difficult indeed. As much as I've missed my family and friends, leaving Ireland seems like an unspeakable thing. These past ten weeks, this place has been my home. I know that I'll return, someday, but right now it's incredibly hard to think about leaving.

Who knows what tomorrow's flight will have in store for us! With the volcanic ash, perhaps we'll get to spend another few days in Ireland? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment