Saturday, May 29, 2010

The past two weeks

I've finally pulled myself together enough to update my blog- I decided that even though it was a class requirement, I'm going to keep it going for a while :)

Coming back from Ireland involved hours of travel and a lot of emotion. It was exciting to come home to all the friends we'd left behind and to see our families after a long ten weeks apart. Getting off the bus in Erie to see my three best friends waiting was an incredible feeling. A few days later, my mom picked me up in Erie and we headed out to my family's house in Erie for a little get-together. Then, after almost 12 weeks away, I got to go home! I was so happy to be back in Bay Village, OH, even if I was only there for a week before having to come back to Erie for work and a summer class at Gannon University.

Catching up with all my friends and family after being away for so long was so nice. Now that I'm back in Erie, working at Smokey Bones Bar and Fire Grill and taking a summer Physics course at Gannon, I'm really starting to reflect and remember Ireland. Every once in a while, a song will come on the radio that reminds me of our sing-alongs that became an almost nightly occurrence, and I'll remember how really special the experience was. I'm sure my friends and co-workers are so sick of hearing about Ireland!

This Memorial Day weekend promises to be a good one- today was spent outside with a cool Bud Light Lime and some great company, and tomorrow will be work and a family get-together, complete with our lakeside cottage and good friends and good food. Then the day off on Monday and the true beginning of summer 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment